ARRI has released SUP 4.0 for the ALEXA Mini. This highly anticipated update unlocks much-desired features in the camera. One of the major updates is MXF/ARRIRAW recording to CFast cards. It is important to note that these files require a new post workflow. The new version of ARRIRAW Converter is capable of processing these files, and ARRI has also released an SDK for post software manufacturers to adapt to this new format. See a full list of revisions below:
- 4:3 Recording mode – enables use of the larger sensor area as well as 2x anamorphic de-squeeze for the monitoring paths. 4:3 recording requires the ALEXA Mini 4:3 License Key, which is available in the ARRI License Shop.
- Internal MXF/ARRIRAW 16:9 2.8K recording – ARRIRAW recording to CFast 2.0 cards. Please make sure you check the SUP release notes for information about the MXF/ARRIRAW workflows, especially regarding support for MXF/ARRIRAW in the post-production workflow. MXF/ARRIRAW recording requires the ALEXA Mini ARRIRAW License Key, which is available in the ARRI License Shop.
- Internal MXF/ARRIRAW Open Gate recording – Open Gate recording to CFast 2.0 cards. Open Gate MXF/ARRIRAW recording requires both licenses mentioned above.
- Lens Data Archive and ECS improvements
- Super 16 HD recording mode – recording mode that crops a S16 sensor area and scales it to HD
- SDI Metadata – metadata embedded into the SDI signal
- Transvideo Starlite HD5-ARRI interface improvements – UI improvements including access to user buttons and playback control.
- SDI enhancements in 3.2K and UHD recording (2x 1.5G SDI is available)
- Support for the CCP-1 – support for the camera control panel including daisy-chaining the MVF-1 viewfinder
To download SUP 4.0 and updated release notes, please visit ARRI’s ALEXA Mini downloads page.