I’ve recently completed final testing on one of our Abel manufactured products: the Breakout Box for the Phantom HD/65 cameras. Our idea for creating this device was to not only expand the capabilities of the Phantom as the top high-speed digital camera on the market, but to help make the camera fit more seamlessly into a high-end production environment.
Here are some of the technical details of this unit:
- Contains 12 volt to 24 volt upconverting circuitry to utilize common 12 volt power supplies/batteries
- Provides two of each 12 volt and 24 volt accessory power ports (1 Amp max. on each 24 volt port)
- Splits off the trigger signal to a common BNC connector
- Allows hot swapping of the 12 volt inputs
- Allows for integration of the Phantom Handheld Rig (Stay tuned for details on this Abel-designed rig, which will be available shortly after NAB.)
…continue reading Design Objectives of the Phantom Breakout Box