Adding to the list of updates from Sony, the NEX-FS100 has also been granted new functionality via firmware version 2.0, available directly from Sony. The much-anticipated update includes the ability to switch between NTSC and PAL recording, saving and loading Picture Profiles, and full support for the Sony LA-EA2 E-mount to Alpha mount adapter.
Although you cannot save or load individual Picture Profiles from the FS100, you can now save all of your profiles to an SDHC card or Memory Stick via the Camera Profile option in the Others menu. This will also allow you to save or load other camera settings, including all menu settings and assignable button options. This is especially useful in a multicamera environment, as you can quickly ensure each camera is configured identically with one menu setting.
Other updates include:
- Additional 4x and 8x Expanded Focus magnification: (with user selectable focus area)
- Selectable ISO or GAIN sensitivity display
- Selectable Focus indication in FEET or METERS (E-mount lens only)
- Selectable Shutter indication as EXPOSURE TIME or SHUTTER ANGLE
- Adds the following Aspect-Ratio markers: 2.35:1, 1.85:1 and 1.66:1
- Display ON/OFF button enables Zebra and/or Histogram overlay onto video output