ARRI has released the latest Software Update Packet (SUP), v3.1, for the ALEXA and the new ALEXA Plus cameras. All new cameras will ship with SUP v3.1, and it is available as a free download from the ARRI website for all current ALEXA owners.
Key features of SUP v3.1 include:
– Full support for both the ALEXA and ALEXA Plus cameras.
– Integrated functionality with the ARRI Wireless Remote System (WRS) lens controller. This includes both generations of the ARRI transceiver module, known as the Yellow Radio and the White Radio.
– Communication with the new ARRI Remote Control Unit (RCU-4)
– Lens Data System (LDS) display on the ALEXA Plus. A later SUP will also capture this information in metadata.
– Dual SxS card recording. Both card slots can be set to capture identical files simultaneously, making backup file transfers faster.
– ARRIRAW frame grabs. In addition to the other formats already available, frame grabs can be captured in ARRIRAW.
To download SUP v3.1, ALEXA owners must login after completing a one-time registration on the ARRI website. The file can then be downloaded to an SD card for uploading into the camera. Also available for download are an updated user manual and release notes for SUP v3.1